Oklahoma Mechanics and Materialmen Liens

Oklahoma law grants a lien (referred to as a “Mechanics and Materialmen Lien” or “M&M Lien”) to any person or company who performs labor or furnishes materials or equipment as part of work to improve privately-owned real property (or its improvements). This is true only so long as the materials or equipment are supplied under an oral or written agreement … Read More

Immediate Discharge of Mechanics and Materialmen’s liens:

So, a lien claimant has filed a Mechanics and Materialmen’s lien claim and you are supposed to close on the property in a week. What do you do? Oklahoma law provides that a property owner may discharge a mechanics’ and materialmen’s lien immediately by depositing 125% of the lien claim amount with the county clerk’s office in the form of … Read More