We help clients plan the management and transfer of their assets in the event of disability or death.
Bass Law attorneys assist clients to plan the transfer of their assets at death to their chosen beneficiaries. Our firm uses estate planning strategies designed to maximize the value of our clients’ estates by minimizing the impact of taxes and the cost of administering the estate. The comprehensive estate plan Bass Law designs for our clients also includes planning for how their affairs will be handled in the event they become incapacitated before their death. In addition, we record a client’s desires for end-of-life health care treatments in the proper legal form so that loved ones do not have to make these difficult decisions. We also also experienced in assisting business owners with succession planning for their business interests.
An estate plan developed by Bass Law Firm normally includes, at a minimum, the following:
- Last Will and Testament
- Durable Power of Attorney
- Health Care Power of Attorney
- Advanced Directive (also called a “Living Will”)
Bass Law Firm also utilizes a number of trust instruments to carry out our clients’ desires. Some commonly used types of trusts are the following:
- A Trust (also called a “Marital Trust”)
- B Trust (also called a “Bypass Trust” or “Credit Shelter Trust “ or “Equivalent Exemption Trust”)
- QTIP Trust (Qualified Terminal Interest Property)
- ILIT (Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust)
- Spendthrift Trust
- Domestic Asset Protection Trust
- Charitable Remainder Trust